Does your trailblazer bounce and make noises while carrying loads? If the answer is yes, It’s time to buy new shocks for the wheels.
Shocks reduce noises and stop bouncing off your vehicle while hauling cargo. By keeping the wheels touching the road, they make them handy to hold the weights. And thus, you can operate your efficient delivery of freight.
Here are the best shocks for trailblazers you can pick to keep your driving smooth.
If your Trailblazer is bouncing too much while hauling cargo, you need the best shocks for your Trailblazer. But how would you recognize which shocks are the best?
Here, I’ve picked the best 5 for you so that you can make your call easily. Take a look at the shortlist, see the details, and choose the right one for you.
- Best design: OTUAYAUTO Rear Liftgate Hatch Shock Struts
German engineers make these shocks. It includes patented technology and is TUV standards.
- Best for professional use: ACDelco Professional 530-335 Premium Gas-Charged Rear Shock Absorbers.
These items are made keeping the professionals in mind.
- Best for any position installation: Maxpow 2Pcs 4573 Liftgate Lift Supports Struts.
These shocks are designed for anywhere installation.
- Best fitting: 2 Rear Hatch Gas Lift Supports Trunk Struts Shocks Springs.
The product fits just like the original one.
- Best installation: A-Premium Tailgate Rear Hatch Lift Supports Shock Struts Springs.
A-premium tailgate lift supports shocks that require no tool for installation.
5 Best Shocks for Trailblazer Reviews and Guide
OTUAYAUTO Rear Liftgate Hatch Shock Struts, SG330046 Lift Support Replacement for 02-09 Chevrolet Trailblazer.
- German design.
- Extended length: 20 inches.
- Compressed length: 14 inches.
- Weight: 1.85 pounds.
- Dimension: 24.57 x 3.19 x 1.5 inches.
If you want TUV standard at a reasonable price, Otuayauto rear liftgate hatch shocks are ideal. The products have the TUV Nord industry standard and patented technology that ensures durability.
German engineers designed the equipment you’ll get in hand. As the tools are made of leak-free piston steel, there won’t be any leakages after many years of use. And It will lessen the corrosion and support the high-pressure gas-filled as expected.
You can buy these liftgate hatch shocks to get relief from the bouncing of your Trailblazer. It’ll surely make your driving experience smooth as butter and last long enough. You’ll also get one year of full performance service and 30 days money-back guarantee. So, you can give it a try without any worry.
- Meet TUV standards
- Use patented technology
- Provide a
- 1-year warranty
- You can get a refund within 30 days if you want
- 180000 times test
- 24-hour online mechanics are available
- Slightly large.
- May need a helper to install it.
- State-of-the-art technology.
- Designed for professional use.
- Weight: 3.8 pounds.
- Dimension: 19.9 x 4 x 3.2 inches.
- Origin: Mexico.
This strut is highly appropriate for vans, cars, SUVs, and light trucks. If you’re looking to replace rear shocks, the product is suitable with a high-pressure nitrogen gas charge.
The 530-335 premium gas-charged rear shock absorber provides valuable comfort while riding. It will give you extra control over your vehicle, especially in extreme road conditions.
These shocks are designed with chrome-finished piston rods. For additional support, it also features valving technology that automatically adjusts during changing roots.
These tools are created by the leading manufacturer and are made of high-quality materials. It is an award-winning piece of equipment that improves your handling and provides comfort. And all the Acdelco shocks come with a limited lifetime warranty.
- High-quality materials have been used; less tension about the quality
- Still modifying to meet the modern demand
- Lifetime warranty
- Includes valving technology
- Designed for the professionals
- Poor quality bushings.
Maxpow 2Pcs 4573 Liftgate Lift Supports Struts Compatible With Trailblazer.
- It can be installed in any position.
- Extended length: 20.12 inches.
- Compressed length: 13.23 inches.
- Weight: 2 pounds.
- Dimension: 25.5 x 2.9 x 1.35 inches.
Maxpow is a famous brand in North America that manufactures struts. It provides sturts of high-graded materials. Their tools are always easy to install and fit accurately.
The 4573 liftgate lift supports struts are inexpensive and long-lasting products. It can be installed anywhere in the front or rear hood, trunk, tailgate, liftgate, hatch, rear window, storage box, etc. Once you buy it, you don’t have to replace it for a long while.
It features a powder-coated cylinder that resists corrosion and protects against vibration and light side forces. The Maxpow struts also let you control lifting speed and are adjustable for the grease chamber.
The tools come with a one-year warranty and 5 minutes installation process. It can be an excellent choice for your Trailblazer if you are willing to buy struts for various positions.
- Anywhere installation option
- Easy fitting and installation
- Money-saving product with one year warranty
- Great life cycle
- Provide control over lifting speed and piston rod surfaces
- Only works on the short wheelbases.
- May not move down or up if not taken care of.
- Placement: Rear hatch/ Trunk/ Tailgate.
- Extended length: 20.10 inches.
- Compressed length: 13.60 inches.
- Weight: 1.55 pounds.
- Dimension: 21.2 x 3 x 0.9 inches.
The Vepagoo brand manufactures this product. They have been known for supplying professional automotive for years. And their products are used almost all over Europe.
These automobile shocks are made of high-quality materials and fit perfectly on the Trailblazer. It ensures long life and provides satisfactory performance for years.
Though you can use these shocks in the rear hatch trunk and tailgate, these shocks are not for windows. If it doesn’t move after installation and appears frozen, the gas spring may be in a statically sealed state.
Attach one gas spring at a time, then open and close the hatch independently. Install the second gas spring and repeat the process. To avoid bending or warping the lid, drop it slowly and carefully.
- Exact fit brackets ensure effective operation and effective operation.
- Made with heavy gauge steel materials.
- Multiply seals enhance the gas and oil sealing performance and offer longer life.
- Fit exactly like the original part.
- Only for 2002-2009 Chevrolet Trailblazers.
A-Premium Tailgate Rear Hatch Lift Supports Shock Struts Springs
- Extended Length: 20.12 Inch
- Compressed Length: 12.87 Inch
- Stroke Length: 7.24 Inch
- Weight: 1.65 pounds.
- Dimension: 21.5 x 3.2 x 2.8 inches.
The tools have Dynamic damping technology that keeps their performance under extreme conditions. Suitable materials and advanced testing equipment ensure a high level of durability.
It is made of a high-strength leak-proof piston seal. No matter what, it will avoid any damage during transportation. Superior rod finish resists corrosion and makes it lasting.
Its Easy lifting capability reduces the losing effort, and no special tools are required for installation. It comes with an air column bag package and gives you a one-year mileage quality guarantee.
- Strong production capacity.
- Fit perfectly.
- Strong packaging to avoid corrosion.
- Easy lifting and installation.
- One-year guarantee.
- Lower Quality Materials
- Limited Warranty
Buying Guides of Best Shocks for Trailblazer
You can look at shock absorbers for any model and try to find the best fit for your vehicle. But finding the best shocks for your Trailblazer might be difficult with so many options accessible online.
For your convenience, I’ve put up an in-depth guide with the essential elements to consider when selecting the best shocks you need:
Shock absorbers for the Trailblazer can be purchased from 30$ to 130$. Shocks costing $30 to $50 come in a single piece and will only fit one side of the rear wheel.
So have a look at what’s available. In the $100 to $130 range, you can get an excellent set of rear shocks.
My advice is to think about your safety and the safety of your passengers. Don’t worry about a few dollars if you think it’s worth it.
Simultaneously, we don’t think the more expensive shocks are necessarily the best. The elements listed below will also assist you in determining what the other most important considerations are.
Extra tools, such as a jack press or a hydraulic one, maybe required while installing shocks on your Trailblazer. Before installing, make sure you have these items. Otherwise, you may need professional assistance.
I recommend finding the shock, which is less complicated to install. Above I’ve mentioned which one requires a professional hand and which one does not.
Type of Trailblazer Shocks
Shocks for Trailblazer are available in the following two types:
- Shock absorbers with two tubes: A shock absorber with two lines is called a twin-tube shock absorber. Inside the inner tube, the piston remains. Fluid and air are stored in the outer preserves. If you have a large or medium-sized car, these will be useful.
- Monotube shock absorber: A monotube shock features two pistons that act in separate regions of a large tube. The duties of the two pistons are distinct.
The first piston extends beyond the box to compress and expand, giving the tire the necessary ‘absorption.’ A dividing piston, also known as the other piston, separates a nitrogen gas charge from a fluid (often oil). This piston moves in lockstep with the piston rod, which keeps the piston tube clean at all times.
The monotube shock absorber is more versatile than the twin-tube shock absorber. Hence I recommend it.
Durability and materials
To get the most out of your Trailblazer shocks and extend their life, go for ones made of coated steel. Coated steel prevents corrosion, allowing the piston to move freely and perform optimally.
Frequently Asked Questions about Best Shocks for Trailblazer
Q: How do you tell the difference between a shock and a strut?
A: Shocks and struts are similar in function, although constructed differently. The difference between shocks and struts is that a strut is a structural component of the vehicle’s suspension system, while a shock is not. A strut is also an essential part of the vehicle’s steering system because it affects the alignment angles.
Q: Should I have my vehicle aligned after replacing my shocks or struts?
A: You should have your automobile aligned if you’re replacing your struts. When replacing your vehicle’s shocks, though, you don’t need to get it aligned unless there was a previous problem.
Q: Do I need different shocks or struts for the front, back, left, and right sides of the vehicle?
A: Of course. It’s crucial to choose the correct shock or strut for the type and year of your vehicle, as well as the application.
Guide to Follow:
- Best f150 Shocks For Smooth Ride
- How To Remove Rear Shock Absorber Top Nut
- How to Replace Rear Shocks on a Truck
- Rear Shock Absorber Leaking (Solved)
- How To Install Rear Shock on f150-Smart Guide To follow
While buying the best shocks for trailblazers, the only thing that matters is safety. Keeping that in mind, I’ve recommended the five best struts to help you get rid of the trouble of transportation.
Keep the buying guide in mind before going to a market or roaming online sites. And most importantly, match the model of your vehicle before buying the shocks. It would help if you glanced at the company book that you got from the manufacturer.